We had our project evaluation this week, and I had to make a pull request from my local branch to JdeRobot’s master branch in order to do so. To finish this process, I first removed all of the redundant files that had been generated after executing the rsync command from my local branch.
Commit : Removed the redundant exercises
After this, I created a draft pull request in Robotics Academy repository for the pick and place exercise.
Since my classes are going to get started by the end of July, I started working on to the next exercise which is “Machine Vision”. The first stage was to create the code for simulation of Machine Vision exercise. I addressed portions of the documentation with Yijia in the weekly meet that I didn’t understand (for example, the radius used in shape filter and how to pick rgb range for the exercise). I developed an example code for conducting machine vision exercises after clarifying all of my doubts.
object shape filter were both working fine, and the underlying pcl filter recognised the objects correctly. The results are depicted in the diagram below:
The robot arm, however, was unable to pick up the objects and throws up the error:
AttributeError : 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'x'. Following further investigation, I discovered that the location of the item identified in the tf frame was incorrect, as seen in the figure below:
I created the final contributions of the pick and place exercise’s pull request after discussing some of the needed adjustments with my mentors.
Final Pull Request: https://github.com/JdeRobot/RoboticsAcademy/pull/1153