Late nights, excitement and learning are how I would describe the GSoC period in a few words. These past two months have been a lot of fun, from starting off...
Week 7: Coding Period
Another pretty busy week for me personally. This led to a bit of slowdown in the work done. However I started with the documentation editing through Jinja and tried using Locks for the FSM.
I started looking into extending and editing pdoc for our purposes. I found out that it had a customisable HTML template that could be edited easily using Jinja2.
I started learning about Jinja and after some time I could add the block images to the right hand side of the page made.
I did this by using the inbuilt svg code from the json file. I used it as a sort of dictionary depending on the page the user was on to display the image.
I looked into what exactly was causing the weird behaviour in the FSM. In my opinion it was the multiprocessing aspect of the application with the control moving to different processes whenever a
sleep() command was present.
To attempt a fix to this I used
Locks() from Python’s
multiprocessing module. These Locks had to be added to the parameter list of the
main.py file which is auto-generated. This allowed every module to inherit the lock as a part of its parameter list.
Yet, after using
lock.release() in the critical section of the code, there was a huge difference in how the program executed.
The problems with different processes being started disappeared completely!
No new Pull Requests were made this week
No new issues were raised this week
Going by the suggestions of my mentors, I spent this week working on the documentation of the blocks and some updates to my blog.
This week I looked into MultiProcessing Conditions and finished the video of the FSM.
This week saw the completion of the FSM video and the solution to the block size bug.
I made more progress with the documentation and some other auxillary bug fixes this week.
Another pretty busy week for me personally. This led to a bit of slowdown in the work done. However I started with the documentation editing through Jinja an...
This week was quite hectic for me. My college started offline after a while, due to travelling and a few other events the time I could spend on Visual Circui...
This was a week where I started to work on the Finite State Machine that I had mentioned in my proposal.
This week marked a focus on completing the remaining PRs from last week. I also finished adding a new IMU block and worked on general share() and read() func...
This week I finally finished the remaining templates from last week. I also managed to upload my created videos to the JdeRobot YouTube Channel.
This week was about identifying and solving some bugs I had noticed during usage of the tool. I also started with the work template updation.
This week marked the official beginning of the coding period. Going by last week’s set goals I started on the video creation part first and foremost.
This was the last week of community bonding, however due to other commitments in college I had a hard time working on Visual Circuit.
In my previous posts I had highlighted the challenges I faced while installing Jde Drones and getting code running on it. Next after these steps was to solve...
After I got the drones running now it was time to actually write the code to solve some exercises. The goal for this week of the GSoC period was to get 1-2 a...
Getting started with my GSoC period, one of my goals during the project was to make drone applications using Visual Circuit. JdeRobot’s Academy already has s...