Late nights, excitement and learning are how I would describe the GSoC period in a few words. These past two months have been a lot of fun, from starting off...
Week 2: Community Bonding
In my previous posts I had highlighted the challenges I faced while installing Jde Drones and getting code running on it. Next after these steps was to solve some of the JdeAcademy exercises. The main goal for this week was to get the solutions running using Visual Circuit.
I decided to first solve the exercises using Python in the
my_solution.py file. Once the exercise was solved normally I could think about porting it to Visual Circuit. The three exercises I chose were:
- Follow Road
- Visual Lander
- Labyrinth Escape
I managed to solve each of the three exercises that I chose in Python. However I had some problems porting it to Visual Circuit. Namely the class that controls all the drone functions called
DroneWrapper() could not be passed around between blocks. Hence it was necessary for me to bunch together a lot of code in a custom code block.
After spending a lot of time debugging errors that inevitably cropped up I managed to finish Visual Lander before our weekly meeting on Friday.
Goals for Next Week
The goals for the next week that we decided in the meet were as follows:
- Get a video of the solution of Visual Lander made. Here I would show how the blocks were created as well as a video of the exercise running on my machine
- Get a similar solution for Labyrinth Escape running
- Make a video for that as well if time permits
- By now one of my mentors Suhas had pushed the PR for the initial cross-platform implementation of Visual Circuit I had to start with the new templates that each block would use as well
- Also I could come up with some ideas for new blocks
Going by the suggestions of my mentors, I spent this week working on the documentation of the blocks and some updates to my blog.
This week I looked into MultiProcessing Conditions and finished the video of the FSM.
This week saw the completion of the FSM video and the solution to the block size bug.
I made more progress with the documentation and some other auxillary bug fixes this week.
Another pretty busy week for me personally. This led to a bit of slowdown in the work done. However I started with the documentation editing through Jinja an...
This week was quite hectic for me. My college started offline after a while, due to travelling and a few other events the time I could spend on Visual Circui...
This was a week where I started to work on the Finite State Machine that I had mentioned in my proposal.
This week marked a focus on completing the remaining PRs from last week. I also finished adding a new IMU block and worked on general share() and read() func...
This week I finally finished the remaining templates from last week. I also managed to upload my created videos to the JdeRobot YouTube Channel.
This week was about identifying and solving some bugs I had noticed during usage of the tool. I also started with the work template updation.
This week marked the official beginning of the coding period. Going by last week’s set goals I started on the video creation part first and foremost.
This was the last week of community bonding, however due to other commitments in college I had a hard time working on Visual Circuit.
In my previous posts I had highlighted the challenges I faced while installing Jde Drones and getting code running on it. Next after these steps was to solve...
After I got the drones running now it was time to actually write the code to solve some exercises. The goal for this week of the GSoC period was to get 1-2 a...
Getting started with my GSoC period, one of my goals during the project was to make drone applications using Visual Circuit. JdeRobot’s Academy already has s...